(a) General. The definitions and rules of construction stated or referred to in sections 1.01 and 393.12, Florida Statutes, and chapters 731, 732, 733, 734, 735, 736, 738, 739, and 744, Florida Statutes, as amended from time to time, shall apply to these rules, unless otherwise defined in these rules.
(b) Specific Definitions. When used in these rules
(1) “certified copy” means a copy of a document signed and verified as a true copy by the officer to whose custody the original, whether in paper or electronic form, is entrusted;
(2) “formal notice” means notice under rule 5.040(a);
(3) “informal notice” means notice under rule 5.040(b);
(4) “judge” means a judge of the circuit court, including any judge elected, appointed, substituted, or assigned to serve as judge of the court;
(5) “guardian advocate” means a person appointed for a person with a developmental disability pursuant to section 393.12, Florida Statutes;
(6) “guardian” means a person appointed pursuant to chapter 744, Florida Statutes, or a guardian advocate unless a rule indicates otherwise;
(7) “ward” means an individual for whom a guardian is appointed.