(a) Contents of Motion; Response. Unless otherwise prescribed by these rules, an application for an order or other relief available under these rules shall be made by filing a motion therefor. The motion shall state the grounds on which it is based, the relief sought, argument in support thereof, and appropriate citations of authority. A motion for an extension of time shall, and other motions if appropriate may, contain a certificate that the movant’s counsel has consulted opposing counsel and that the movant’s counsel is authorized to represent that opposing counsel either has no objection or will promptly file an objection. A motion may be accompanied by an appendix, which may include affidavits and other appropriate supporting documents not contained in the record. With the exception of motions filed pursuant to rule 9.410(b), a party may serve 1 response to a motion within 15 days of service of the motion. The court may shorten or extend the time for response to a motion.
(b) Effect on Proceedings. Except as prescribed by subdivision (d) of this rule, service of a motion shall toll the time schedule of any proceeding in the court until disposition of the motion. An order granting an extension of time for any act shall automatically extend the time for all other acts that bear a time relation to it. An order granting an extension of time for preparation of the record, or the index to the record, or for filing of the transcript of proceedings, shall extend automatically, for a like period, the time for service of the next brief due in the proceedings. A conformed copy of an order extending time shall be transmitted forthwith to the clerk of the lower tribunal until the record has been transmitted to the court.
(c) Emergency Relief; Notice. A party seeking emergency relief shall, if practicable, give reasonable notice to all parties.
(d) Motions Not Tolling Time.
(1) Motions for post-trial release, rule 9.140(g).
(2) Motions for stay pending appeal, rule 9.310.
(3) Motions relating to oral argument, rule 9.320.
(4) Motions relating to joinder and substitution of parties, rule 9.360.
(5) Motions relating to amicus curiae, rule 9.370.
(6) Motions relating to attorneys’ fees on appeal, rule 9.400.
(7) Motions relating to service, rule 9.420.
(8) Motions relating to admission or withdrawal of attorneys, rule 9.440.
(9) Motions relating to sanctions, rule 9.410.
(10) Motions relating to expediting the appeal.
(11) Motions relating to appeal proceedings to review a final order dismissing a petition for judicial waiver of parental notice and consent or consent only to termination of pregnancy, rule 9.147.
(12) Motions for mediation filed more than 30 days after the notice of appeal, rule 9.700(d).